Thursday, January 21, 2010

Project Update

I'm trucking along at a snails pace at this point.

I've been desperately digging through news transcripts, online articles and documentaries trying to find a very solid idea to cling to. Though I haven't come up with one all encompassing idea yet, I have come across numerous others that will add the the over all intention of my work.

I need to play up the flash and gloss of the news. This is a very important aspect of news that is corporate owned...more important than I first imagined it would be. News stations have no money to invest in journalism because they invest so much money into doppler radar, flashy graphics generators and sky cams...all tools that are flashy and impressive, but fail to deliver the same message that simple, clean, low-budget news could accomplish.

The main function of the news is not to look beautiful, it is to inform the citizens of a democracy!

Documentaries watched this week:
Control Room
War Made Easy

No comments:

Post a Comment